I recently finished a project a year in the making. I started recording one second of footage for every day of the year. I’ve always loved filming the various things happening around me, and have recently taken to vlogging, and this was a quick way to encapsulate an entire year in about six minutes. Going back and watching the clips, each second has a story behind it, even the seemingly mundane moments.
2015 was probably my best year to date and I feel more accomplished than any previous year.
- I won Middle School Teacher of the Year.
- I started my own freelance filmmaking and voiceover business.
- I made my first film that I got paid for!
- I won a new laptop in a presentation design contest.
- I visited Yellowstone and the Grand Teton mountains for the first time with my wife and her family.
- Sara and I bought our first used car (successfully)!
- I ran 100 miles in July.
- I learned how to do more than one pull-up.
- I ran a half-marathon (not an official one but on my own).
- I started learning to cook, making more new meals in the last couple of months than all previous meal making experience combined (thanks Emeals!)
- I read 10 books (not monumental but more than previous years).
- I lost 25 lbs in five months.
- I vlogged my entire Christmas break (still finishing up the last ones!)
I’m excited for 2016 🙂