Thanks for showing interest in the YouTube/IGTV workshop here in Austin, TX!
WHAT IS IT?
A workshop for momtrepreneurs, side-hustlers, and bloggers who want to learn how to create high-quality videos for YouTube and/or IGTV to tell their story, reach their people, and spread their message.
WHAT WILL I LEARN?
- How to creating channel art to match your brand
- Which ISO, shutter speed, and frame rate settings the professionals use
- Which aspect ratios to use
- Where the best place in your home is to shoot video
- How to frame subjects in your videos
- How to edit your videos in Premiere Pro CC
- The right settings when exporting your videos for the internet
- How to upload your video to your YouTube or IGTV channel
- How to increase the likelihood of your videos showing up in search results
- How to create a thumbnail/title combination that gets people wanting to click on your video
- Ways to deal with negative comments on your content
- How to find people that would be interested in watching your videos
WHEN AND WHERE WILL THIS BE?
There will be two workshop options:
1. July 9-13 (Mon, Wed, Fri from 9am-Noon)
2. July 30-Aug 3 (Mon, Wed, Fri from 9am-Noon)
Both workshops will be held at Createscape Coworking in north-central Austin, TX.
WHO IS THE INSTRUCTOR?
Digital Media Creator Thom Gibson
- Two-time Teacher-of-the-Year Educator
- YouTuber with 3,000+ subscribers and 525,000+ views
- Creator of ‘The Thom Gibson Podcast‘
- Educational Blogger
- Voiceover Artist
- Bachelors of Science in Sound Recording Technology
HOW MUCH IS THE WORKSHOP?
The 3-day workshop is $600.
DO I NEED A SPECIFIC LAPTOP OR CAMERA?
Most laptops will suffice, but not Chromebooks. The Adobe Creative Cloud software suite (which includes Premiere Pro and Photoshop) will be a requirement.
Most cameras will suffice, including a smartphone.
I’d wait until your admission into the workshop is confirmed to get any of these if you don’t have them already. I will send out recommendations for those looking to get new equipment.
HOW DO I APPLY?
Fill out THIS form and I’ll get back to you at least one week before the workshop begins 🙂