Tried a new project this year to close out our fractions unit. I talk about how I set it up, how it went, and feedback from students on what worked and didn’t. It involved finding fractions in recipes and converting them up to 3 1/2 times the amount of ingredients for a big family gathering as well as cutting them down to half the amount of ingredients for a smaller party for friends.
Here’s the rubric: https://goo.gl/T6BhXn
[…] with classmates. We had a rubric we went over beforehand. I made a video on the whole process HERE. A friend who watched the video suggested that for the ‘exceeds expectations’ part of […]
[…] last unit. We have two more weeks of instruction, then a week of review, then finals week. That fractions project took up quite a bit of time a few weeks ago. The two units that I rarely get to with this class […]
[…] thoughts on why. Our fractions unit was beastly. I sort just stretched it out because that big math exhibition project we did was going to be a fractions unit for students, but we kind of finished the unit about a week […]