I asked Facebook and looked around at quite a few blogs to see which were the top breakfast taco spots in Austin. I went to 15 of them and ordered two tacos at each one; a bacon-egg-cheese and a fan-favorite. I scored each taco to find out which one would truly be the best Austin, TX breakfast taco!
FAN FAVORITE TACO : First impression score on a scale of 1-10
BACON-EGG-CHEESE : l rated the tortilla, the eggs, the bacon, the cheese, and any house salsa each out of 10 and take the average of the scores.
- A 10 point tortilla is warm, soft, and chewy (but not rubbery or soggy)
- 10 points eggs are fluffy, moist, and it’s all about the right ratio; not too much eggs, not too little eggs
- 10 point bacon is thick with the right balance of crispy and chewy
- 10 point cheese is melted and with enough cheese to be noticed
- 10 point salsa complements the taco well