With the start of the school year upon us, I’ve been thinking a lot about the first day of school.
- Is it the most important day?
- How do you balance the need for rules & procedures with getting kids stoked about being in your class?
- How do you ensure students have a voice and feel seen & heard on the first day?
- How do you not only begin to develop a positive relationship with students but also help them begin to develop positive relationships with each other and with the content you’re teaching?
- What do students think makes a great first day?
Special thanks to CJ Reynolds for his video that sparked this podcast. See the video and his YouTube channel HERE.
Music by Hippo Campus